Jungle Animal Bunting0
Hi everyone its Stacey and I’ve recently been working on some quirky jungle decorations for my baby boys christening. My son absolutely loves animals so I thought what could be better than some funky animal bunting and jungle leaf table toppers.
I created all my animal/leaf SVG cutting files in Adobe Illustrator, which I then cut on my Cricut machine. I crafted a range of sizes with my biggest primates measuring approx. 20cm x 24.5cm. All animals were cut on A4 size card from my A4 mega box, which is absolutely worth purchasing if you require a variety of colour stock and a large quantity. You get approx. 645 sheets per box. I used A3 sheets for my leaves.
Animals and colour stock:
- Gorillas - Black Plain Card 250gsm
- Gibbons – Buff Smooth Card 260gsm, Slate Grey Smooth Card 240gsm, Black Plain Card 250gsm and Mocha Brown Plain Card 240gsm
- Orangutans – Mandarin Orange Plain Card 240gsm
- Giraffse – Daffodil Yellow Smooth Card 240gsm
- Crocodiles - Dark Green Plain Card 240gsm and Apple Green Card Plain 240gsm
- Lions – Intensive Yellow Plain Card 210gsm
- Rhinos and Elephants - Slate Grey Smooth Card 240gsm
- Snakes - Daffodil Yellow Smooth Card 240gsm, Teal Plain Card 240gsm and Dark Violet Plain Card 240gsm
- Leaves and bunting wording – Dark Green Plain Card 240gsm and Apple Green Card Plain 240gsm
I used Bakers Twine to thread and hang all the animal cuts and I strengthened each piece with eyelets.
They were such great fun to make and I have more animals in the pipe line – stay tuned!
My little boy gave many a cheesy smile at his decorations and they were well received by all our guests. Have any of you been creating your own handmade decorations this Christmas or for another celebration? We’d love to see them! Please do tag us or share your creations so we can see what you’ve all been up to.