Delivery & Returns
Our website remains open to allow you to place online orders.
Due to isolating staff we are currently taking longer to dispatch orders. This is temporary and we will be back to normal very soon. In the meantime, your order may take a few days longer to arrive.
If you have placed an order and you and are concerned about longer delivery times please get in touch via email@example.com
How much is delivery?
If you live on the UK Mainland it will be £2.99 for any orders under £60.00. Orders over £60.00 after any discounts have been applied will be delivered free of charge. Please be aware there is a £14 surcharge for orders containing A1-sized card & Paper.
Other Shipping Options
- Next Working Day Delivery £9.50 (UK Mainland only)
- Next Working Day by noon £12.50 (UK Mainland only)
- Saturday Delivery £12.50 (UK Mainland only)
- Off Shore £8.30 (Northern Ireland, Channel Isles, Isle of Man and Scilly Isles)
- Scotland & Isle of Wight two day delivery £7.50 (Some postcode exemptions apply*)
- Click & Collect is available from our Warehouse in Kendal. Order before 2pm to pick up the following working day. Pick up anytime between 10am and 5pm. Address is Papermilldirect, Westmoreland Business parkKendal, Cumbria, LA9 6NP.
Next working day, Saturday and two-day deliveries must be ordered before 2pm.
*Postcode exemptions for Scotland Two-day delivery FK, HS2, PA60 - 75, 78, ZE2, 3, KW16 - non Town, KW17, PH30, 41 - 44.
For anywhere else in the world please enter either your county or country on the checkout page to view the price.
How soon will my order arrive?
Standard delivery times are as follows:
- UK Mainland: Estimated 3 - 5 Working Days Delivery
- Off-shore including Northern Island: Estimated 4 - 6 Working Days Delivery
- Scottish Highlands, Islands, and some Northern counties: Estimated 4 - 7 Working Days Delivery. There are some postcode exceptions. See our delivery page for details.
- Isle of Wight: Estimated 4 - 7 Working Days Delivery.
What courier do you use?
The following apply only ONCE the order is dispatched. The standard dispatch time is within 2 - 3 working days.
- UK Mainland orders, once dispatched via DPD will be on a next working day service. Royal Mail orders will be on a 48 hour Royal Mail tracked service.
- Off-shore orders once dispatched will be on a 2-day DPD service.
- Scottish Highlands & Islands and some Northern counties will be on 48 hour Royal Mail tracked service.
- Isle of Wight will be on 48 hour Royal Mail tracked service.
Which Countries do you ship to?
We ship to Austria, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands and Spain. The cost of shipping will be displayed at the checkout as it depends on the weight of the parcel.
The options for other European countries not listed above vary, shipping is an option on the website for orders over 150 Euros (approximately £128). The cost of shipping will be displayed at the checkout. For orders under 150 Euros to these countries, we are unable to offer shipping options.
New Export Regulations to the EU as of the 1st of January 2021
As the United Kingdom has left the European Union, the trade agreements have changed. This means that VAT, import duties and administration costs may be payable on parcels sent from the UK. The customer will have to pay these costs before receiving the parcel. The payment is collected at customs & duties. No VAT is charged on the Papermill Website. Please log in and add your address to your account for this to apply.
Papermilldirect use DPD to ship products internationally. Once the order is at customs the customer will receive a text message or email advising them of the customs duties set by that country. The exact amount depends on the value of the goods in the parcel, the VAT rate and the import tariff.
Can I have my order delivered to a different address?
Yes you can! As long as your account address is the same as where your method of payment is registered, then you can choose a different delivery address.
What happens if I'm not at home?
If you have chosen Royal Mail there is a good chance it might fit through your letterbox. Otherwise the postman should leave a card for you to collect your parcel from your local post office.
DPD will email or text you with a one-hour delivery slot. If this isn’t convenient, you can get back to them to change the delivery time, delivery day or even the delivery address!
Can I track my order?
If you have chosen Royal Mail then we’re afraid not, but anything sent via DPD is fully trackable (this may be a made up word – but you get our drift!). DPD offer a 'Follow My Parcel' service which enables our customers to watch the progress of their delivery.
As well as keeping customers informed at every stage of the journey, DPD also provide access to a suite of rescheduling options both on the day of delivery and the night before, allowing our customers to take delivery of their goods in a way that suits.
Problems With Your Order
We hope there aren’t any but here’s what you do if there are!
I’ve just placed my order – can I change it?
Please contact us by email or phone as soon as possible and we will do our best to help.
I’ve placed my order – can I cancel it?
Again, please contact us by email or phone as soon as possible and we will do our very best to prevent your order being despatched. (We have been known to rugby tackle the postman – that’s how dedicated we are!!) However if your order has already left you will need to return the goods (see ‘I want to return an item’).
My order is wrong
In the unlikely event of your order being wrong in some way - a missing item or you’ve received the wrong product (even our lovely packers have an off day!) - please contact us via our 'contact us' page or phone (01539 735252). We will need your order number so we can see what is incorrect.
I’ve received a damaged or faulty item
First of all, we are very, very sorry! Second of all please contact us via our 'contact us' page or phone (01539 735252). Again we will need your order number at this point.
We need you to check your order as soon as you receive it and notify us within 48hrs of any problems, otherwise we will assume that all is OK. Thanks for this.