Two heart cards made with the same elements0
Posted on 12th February 2021 by Katharine Burchell
- Raspberry Pink Plain Card 240gsm
- Cerise Pink Glitter Card 220gsm
- Baby Pink Plain Card 240gsm
- White Card Super Smooth 250gsm
- Funky Fossil stencil Distressed Diamonds
- Silver glaze (I used Vicki Boutin creativefx)
- Embossing Folder, Scattered Dots by Crafter's Companion, 6" x 6" by Sara Davies
- 4” Square die (optional could just cut card to size)
- 2 Square card blank
- Demo label embosser
- Heart Group cut file by Paige Evans, Silhouette store 260894
How to make
1. Cut the heart groups on your silhouette using raspberry pink and cerise pink glitter card, around 14cm in size.
2. Cut two squares 11.6 x 11.6 or use a die, in white card.
3. Place the diamond stencil over the top of the squares and drag the paste through the stencil. Repeat the process on the other square.
4. On one of the white squares stick the outline of the hearts to the top left corner, cutting off any excess. I used the raspberry card for this one. I only had 11cm x 9cm of the design on the card. Fill in all the heart spaces with the glitter hearts. Trim off excess.
5. Back the heart piece onto the baby pink card.
6. Put one of the blank cards through your embossing machine with the scattered dot folder, then still the heart piece in the middle using double sided sticky tap.
7. Using a Dymo embosser, stamp out ‘Be mine’. Stick to the right hand side of card.
8. With the other card edge the white square with the diamond pattern, with a pink stamp pad to make it stand out against the white card blank. Stick to card blank.
9. Stick the whole of the glitter heart outline over the top of the diamond pattern.
10. Randomly fill in some of the hearts with the raspberry hearts and one glitter heart with 3D foam behind it. I filled in 14 hearts and left 9 blank.
11. Using the Dymo embosser stamp out ‘love you’ and back onto white card. Stick using 3D foam.