Traditional Christmas Present Card0
I love the look of traditionally wrapped Christmas presents, using Kraft paper and decorated with ribbon and pine cones. I had a go at recreating this look as a card.
I began by cutting a panel of Buff card, a little smaller than my 4.5 inch card base.
I used a die set from Hello Bluebird to cut a bow from Xmas Green Pure Pearl card. I also found the perfect die from Pretty Pink Posh for the ribbons around the present, and die cut this from the same pearl card. I used liquid glue to adhere the ribbons to the Buff cardstock panel.
To add some gold accents, I flicked the panel with gold perfect pearls mixed with water, then set it aside to dry.
Next, I die cut 3 pine cones from Mocha Brown card, layering a white die cut pine cone behind each. These pine cones are from Hello Bluebird.
I adhered the pine cones to the card, then added the bow on top. I’d added a white die cut layer behind the bow too, which helps it stand out a bit more against the pine cones.
For the sentiment, I cut a tag from Fleck Kraft card and white heat embossed a Christmas sentiment. I layered the tag over a white die cut, then adhered to the card to finish.
About this card
- Card base: 4.5 inch square
- Papermill Direct A4 Card: Buff Smooth 260gsm, Xmas Green Pure Pearl Single Sided 300gsm, Fleck Kraft 250gsm, Mocha Brown Plain 240gsm
- Standalone Dies: Hello Bluebird Holly & Pine, Hello Bluebird Gallery Frame #4, Pretty Pink Posh Twine & Bows
- Stamps: Pretty Pink Posh Holiday Signs
- Other: WOW Opaque Bright White Super Fine embossing powder, Gold Perfect Pearls
Have a lovely day,