The Reason I Smiled Today Card0
Posted on 12th April 2019 by Vicki Poulton
Filed under Card Making Ideas
I have this pretty card that will let a special person in your life know how grateful you are for them.
The products I used are:
- Slate Grey Smooth Card 240gsm
- White Card Linen 255gsm
- White Card Super Smooth 250gsm
- Black Plain Card 250gsm
- Stick it! 3D Foam Tape 9mm
- Anita’s PVA Tacky Glue 60ml
You will also need:
- Flower Stamp (uniquely creative)
- Greeting (uniquely creative)
- Zig water colour brush pens
- Black Ink (my favorite things)
- White embossing powder (WOW)
- Versamark ink
- Nuvo Drops
To make the card base I trimmed and scored a piece of Slate Grey Smooth Card 240gsm to 4 1/8 inches and scored at 5 7/8 inches. I then trimmed down a smaller panel of White Card Linen 255gsm and adhered this onto the card base with some Stick it! 3D Foam Tape 9mm.
For the flowers I stamped them onto a piece of White Card Super Smooth 250gsm and very gently water coloured them in. Once dry I trimmed them out and adhered onto the card with some Stick it! 3D Foam Tape 9mm.
To finish the card off I added some Nuvo Drops and sequins which I adhered using Anita’s PVA Tacky Glue 60ml.
The colouring took me a while but its worth it. I really love how this turned out. I hope this tutorial will inspire you to create something today.