Sending Hugs Card0
Posted on 10th June 2020 by Jane Taylor
Filed under Card Making Ideas
A super simple but eye catching card design, bound to impress your friends.
You will need:
You will also need:
- Stamps. I used Uniko, BIG & BOLD Hugs
- Punch. I used Martha Stewart Heart punch
- Cut from Marine Blue a base card piece measuring - 4" x 5 3/4"
- Cut from Marine Blue card and raspberry pink card pieces measuring 1 7/8" x 5 9/16
- Cut from Raspberry Pink card a piece measuring 2" x 5 3/4"
- Punch 2 Raspberry Pink and 2 marine blue hearts.
5. Use double sided tape to adhere the Raspberry Pink strip measuring 2" x 5 3/4" to the marine blue base card.
6. Use double sided tape to adhere the left over smaller Raspberry Pink strip to the base card, butting the left hand long edge up to the already adhered larger raspberry pink strip.
7. Use double sided tape to adhere the left over smaller blue strip on top of the larger Raspberry Pink slip, putting the right hand edge up to the already adhered smaller raspberry pink strip.
8. Cut the hearts in half and adhere 3 Raspberry Pink and 3 Marine Blue heart halves to the card front. The Raspberry Pink half hearts onto the left hand Marine Blue side and the Marine Blue half hearts onto the right hand Raspberry Pink side.
9. Stamp the greeting on top.
I hope you have enjoyed this blog post and will be inspired to try this design yourself. Other punched or die cut shapes work equally as well - butterflies are a favourite of mine.
If you do create a card inspired by this post please share on social media using #papermilldirect so that we can see your wonderful creations.