International Women's Day Card0
Posted on 8th March 2021 by Jane Taylor
Filed under Card Making Ideas
Today I'm sharing a card I created with International Women's Day in mind, but it's a design that could easily be used for many other occasions too.
Papermill Direct supplies you will need:
- slate grey card
- marine blue card
- powder blue pearlised card
- lilac card
You will also need:
- Stamps, inks and embossing powder. I used Funky Fossil, She Is Fierce with Versamark clear and WOW! black embossing powder
- Cut the slate grey, marine blue and powder blue pearl card into quarters.
- Mark one quarter of each colour following the diagram below.
3. Cut the card and adhere the strips onto one of the quarters of slate grey card. The bottom right corner may look a bit messy at this point.
4. Trim the card to 3.75" x 5.5".
5. Cut a 2" square of slate grey card.
6. Cut this square diagonally and adhere one piece to cover the messy corner.
7. Stamp and heat emboss the image and sentiment onto powder blue pearlised card.
8. Hand cut the image and adhere to the card front. Add the sentiment below.
9. Matt the card front onto a 4"x 6" card base cut from slate grey card.
I'm thinking this card design would look good in shades of yellow and orange for a sunny Summer birthday card.
If you create anything inspired by this post please share it on social media using #papermilldirect.
Thanks for looking today. Stay safe and keep crafting!