Heart Easel Card - Congratulations on Your Engagement using Black Mercury Sparkle silver no shed glitter0
Posted on 9th September 2021 by Alison Pendlebury-Brown
Filed under Card Making Ideas, All Papercraft Tutorials, Projects And Cards By Type, Celebration Cards, Papercraft Disciplines And Techniques, Pop Up Card Tutorials
I love this heart engagement card that I created. Featuring 2 pairs of Wellington boots, aka wellies, it's perfect for an outdoorsy couple. It looks great in the wonderfully sparkly Sparkle cardstock.
To create this card you will need:
- White Card Super Smooth 300gsm
- Charcoal Black Sparkled Pearlescent Card 300gsm
- Mercury Silver Sparkled Pearlescent Card 300gsm
- Silver Non-Shedding Glitter Card 285gsm
- Anita’s PVA Tacky Glue 240ml
- Stick it! 3D Foam Tape 9mm
You will also require:
- Die-cutting machine
- Heart-shaped nesting dies (I use Sizzix 657561 Heart Nesting Framelits)
- Engagement / Congratulations dies or stamps
- Engagement ring die
- Wellington boot/welly dies (I cut the welly shapes out with my Cricut Explore measuring just over 1 inch in height)
- Clear flat-backed jewels.
1. Fold a sheet of white A4 300gsm cardstock in half, to create a top folding heart-shaped card.
2. Place the largest heart die so that the top of the heart is just slightly over the top of the fold on the white card (see image below). Then cut this out - you may need to send the sandwich back and forth until you cut through both of the sides of the card.
3. Using a scoreboard, score a line halfway down 1 half of the top folding heart-shaped card. Fold and burnish so that it creates the basis of the easel card.
4. Using the largest heart die, cut out a heart in 300 gsm white cardstock.
5. Adhere this single heart onto the bottom portion only of the folded heart to create the easel card base.
6. Using the 2nd largest heart die, cut 2 x hearts in the black sparkle card. Glue the first to the front of the card and the second inside the card.
7. Using the 3rd smallest heart die, cut out 1 x heart in the mercury sparkle card. Glue this to the black heart on the inside of the card.
8. Using the 2nd smallest heart die, cut out 1 x heart in the black sparkle card. Add foam tape to the back of this heart.
9. Using the mercury sparkle card, cut out the sentiment dies. Or at this point stamp the sentiments and cut them out.
10. Glue your 'Congratulations' die-cut to the front of the card onto the black heart. Glue the 'Engagement' sentiment onto the small black heart on the inside of the card.
12. Glue 1 from each pair of wellies flat onto the card base using liquid glue.
13. Mount the remaining wellies onto foam tape and attach them to the card, offsetting them slightly, so that you can see both pairs of wellies.
14. The point of the heart on the front of the easel will now tuck into the top part of the small black heart on the inside to create the easel shape.
15. Finally, add clear flat-backed jewels for added dimension and texture.
And there it is, all finished. It looks so effective with all of that beautiful sparkle. And I love how cute the wellies look in the glitter and sparkle card. And it even folds flat for posting!
This could quite easily be altered to create a Wedding Day card too. Just add a wedding ring, change the sentiments and even change the colour choices to match the happy couple's wedding theme.
I hope you like this card and that it provides some inspiration. We'd love to see your makes - simply tag us in #papermilldirect on social media :)