Have a Wicked Good Time Halloween Party Card0
Posted on 29th October 2020 by Alison Pendlebury-Brown
On Halloween I usually go out around town or to a house party in fancy dress. The last time I went out dressed as the Queen of Hearts, I've been a black cat (crazy cat lady here) and a witch amongst others.
I'm sooo sad that there won't be a party this year due to the current circumstances (we are in a Tier 3 lockdown again here in South Yorkshire) but here's a card where the witches are donning their pointy hats and getting their witchy on nevertheless.
For this spooky witches' party card you will need:
You will also need:
- 'Bewitched Invite Card' template from Cricut's Design Space, or witch, cat and chandelier dies.
- Light green and black inks - I used Ranger's Distress Oxides in Twisted Citron and Black Soot
- Metallic green flat backed pearls.
1. Cut out the witch template or your die cuts from the black cardstock.
2. Create a portrait 5" x 7" card base by cutting a piece of black card 10 " x 7", score down the centre and fold.
3. Cut a piece of dark green cardstock measuring 5" x 7". Blend the black ink around the edges of this rectangle. With the green ink blend an area around the area where the chandelier will be, to give the impression of the light source - see image below.
4. Smoosh the green and black inks onto your work surface and spray a little water into it. Using a paint brush splatter the green card. This will give a little extra texture and interest to the background.
5. Adhere the green background to your cardbase.
6. Layer the witch frame or your die cuts to the card base.
7. Add small flat backed pearls to the chandelier, over the glass and around the witch's magic wand.
If you prefer a little more sparkle on your cards the Charcoal Black Sparkled Pearlescent Card 300gsm or the Black Glitter Card 220gsm would look amazing used on the border, the witches and the cat. I'm not so much a sparkly kind of girl though :)
I'd love to hear what you think of this card and see your versions of it. To share on our social media simply tag us in using #papermilldirect.
If you are lucky enough to be attending a Halloween party have a really wicked good time!!