Flower Cards For Mum0
Hi, Sylvia here with a couple of floral cards. I have been working outside my comfort zone this week making a few Mother's Day/birthday cards using large floral blooms and leaves. Although I love cards with floral decoration I have always found it difficult to get the right effect when grouping flowers on cards.
I wanted to use a new Sizzix die and embossing folder set bought recently and my Go Press And Go to foil the main sentiments. Below is the first card I made.
The sentiment was foiled onto a square of white linen card. This was layered onto an embossed square of dark violet plain card and then onto a white linen card blank. The large embossed flower and leaves were positioned at the lower right hand side of the card and sequins and pearls added.
My second card shown above used a tri fold card, check out the new papermilldirect tri fold cards in the shop. I die cut an aperture from the front of the card and added flowers and leaves, a foiled sentiment was added to the inside fold and a plain sentiment was added to the inside which had been embossed.
- papermilldirect white linen square card blank
- papermilldirect white linen card 255gsm, dark violet plain card 240gsm, new lilac smooth card 240gsm, raspberry pink plain card 240gsm,navy plain card 240gsm,spring green plain card 240gsm, jade plain card 290gsm and apple green plain card 240gsm
- Sizzix Bigz/Textured Impressions die and embossing folder butterfly embellishments
- Sizzix label ornament #3
- Crafter's Companion 8" x 8" embossing folder
- hot foiling machine, die and gold foil
- digital sentiment from The Lovely Studio
I enjoyed using the large blooms and cut out lots in different colours for use in another project for Easter.