Posted on 7th March 2020 by Nicole Mullen
I love making fun birthday cards with a little bit of whimsy. What can be more whimsical than a shimmery dog with party hat and balloons? On this card I used:
- Papermilldirect Flecked Lilac Card - this was a special run card but the Papermilldirect Lilac Smooth Card is the same shade without the flecking.
- Papermilldirect Dark Violet Plain Card
- Papermilldirect Vino Siro Colour Card (Purple)
- Papermilldirect Gold Sandgrain Card
- Papermilldirect Cuba Libre Cocktail Card
- Patterned Paper
- Hexagon dies
- Paper Smooches Birthday Stamps
I stamped and fussy cut the dog from the stamp set on the Cuba Libre and Gold Sandgrain card. The shimmer and shine on this makes it all the more fun on the card. Plus no glitter to shed everywhere!
I die cut the hexagon dies from the Lilac card in a semi random pattern.
I stamped the confetti stamp from the stamp set randomly on the Vino card, which is to place in behind the hexagons. I used Picked Raspberry Distress Ink for this.
I stamped my sentiment on the hexagon panel and then added this onto the confetti panel.
I layered this onto the dark violet card and added it to the card base.
I adhered the dog with foam tape. I also stamped some of the balloons from the stamp set onto the patterned paper, cut these out and adhered into the other hexagons with foam tape too.