A Fun Mermaid Card0
Mermaids are very popular right now so I thought I would make a fun card with a bit of shimmer cardstock.
- Powder Pink Double Sided Pearlised Card 300gsm
- White Card Hopsack 255gsm
- Pale Turquoise Plain Card 240gsm
- Black Plain Card 250gsm
- White Card Super Smooth 250gsm
- Stick it! 3D Foam Tape 9mm
- Anita’s PVA Tacky Glue 60ml
You will also need:
- Mermaid stamps (Uniquely creative stamps)
- Diagonal background stamp (Simon Says Stamp)
- White embossing powder (WOW)
- Copic Markers
- Nuvo Drops
- Heat gun
- Versamark ink pad
To make the card base I trimmed down a piece of Powder Pink Double Sided Pearlised Card 300gsm to 4 1/8 and scored at 5 7/8. I then trimmed down a piece of White Card Hopsack 255gsm and adhered this to the card base using Stick it! 3D Foam Tape 9mm.
I then trimmed down a piece of Pale Turquoise Plain Card 240gsm and used the background stamp with Versamark ink and white embossing powder which I then heat set using my heat gun. I then adhered this onto my card with some more Stick it! 3D Foam Tape 9mm. I then stamped my greeting onto a piece of Black Plain Card 250gsm and heat embossed this again using white embossing powder.
I then stamped my images onto some White Card Super Smooth 250gsm and coloured the images in with Copic markers. I cut them out and adhered them onto my card with some Stick it! 3D Foam Tape 9mm. I also adhered the greeting with some Anita’s PVA Tacky Glue 60ml
To finish the card off I added some nuvo drops. Feel free to add the embellishments you would like.