A Bear Birthday Card0
I absolutely love ink blending onto my cards and Papermilldirect's White Card Super Smooth 250gsm is just perfect for this.
The products I used are:
- White Card Super Smooth 250gsm
- Black Plain Card 250gsm
- Baby Pink Plain Card 240gsm
- Stick it! 3D Foam Tape 9mm
- Anita’s PVA Tacky Glue 60ml
You will also need:
- Bear Stamps (My Favorite Things)
- Happy stamp (Neat and Tangled)
- Birthday Die (Uniquely Creative)
- Gold embossing powder (WOW)
- Copic Markers
- Hear die (Paper Smooches)
- Heat Gun
- Distress Ink: Tumbled glass, Faded Jeans, Peacock Feathers
To make my card base I trimmed down a piece of White Card Super Smooth 300gsm. I trimmed this at 4 1\8 and scored at 5 7\8. I then cut down another piece for my card front. This piece we will be ink blending on.
To start the ink blending I started with some Tumbled Glass and gently applied this to the card. I then bought in some Faded Jeans and ink blended this at the top of the card. For the bottom part I used Peacock Feathers and gently applied the ink along the bottom. When you first start ink blending it will look terrible to start with but just keep going for a few minutes and it will start to blend together.
I then die cut the word birthday using some White Card Super Smooth 250gsm. I die cut this twice and used some Anita’s PVA Tacky Glue 60ml and adhered this onto my card. I added a die heart using some Baby Pink Plain Card 240gsm.
I then embossed the greeting on a piece of Black Plain Card 250gsm and adhered this onto the card.
Your Bear Birthday card is now complete.