Watercolouring Onto White Super Smooth Card0
Today I am going to show you how I watercolour onto White Card Super Smooth 300gsm. I love using this trick as White Card Super Smooth 300gsm is not a watercolour paper but we can still watercolour with this technique.
You will need:
- White Card Super Smooth 300gsm
- Black Plain Card 250gsm
- White Card Linen 255gsm
- Stick it! 3D Foam Tape 9mm
- Stick it! 3D Foam Squares (940 pcs)
- Anita’s PVA Tacky Glue 60ml
You will also need:
- A heat gun
- Embossing ink pad
- Black or clear embossing powder
- White embossing powder
- Watercolour paints or watercolour markers
- Circle dies
- Flower stamp
- Sequins or drops to decorate
For my card base I used a piece of White Card Linen 255gsm which I cut down, scored at the top and folded in half for my card base. I love the texture of this cardstock its absolutely beautiful. I then stamped my image onto a piece of White Card Super Smooth 300gsm.
This is how I emboss my image so its safe to use watercolour paints or markers:
1) Stamp chosen image onto White Card Super Smooth 300gsm
2) If you have used a clear embossing ink pad sprinkle black embossing powder over the image. If you have a black embossing ink pad you will need to use clear embossing powder.
3) Heat set your image with a heat gun
4) Once all the powder has melted you can now use your watercolour paints. The paints wont run as the embossing acts as a wall, however you will still need to be careful not to add to much water onto your image.
Once I coloured my image in I used my heat gun to dry the watercolours and cut the image out. I then used some more White Card Super Smooth 300gsm to die cut two circles to give me a frame. I then adhered this down onto my card base using Anita’s PVA Tacky Glue 60ml. I also adhered the flower image down using some Stick it! 3D Foam Tape 9mm.
To finish off the card I added some pink drops which I adhered down using some Anita’s PVA Tacky Glue 60ml.
I love using this technique to watercolour and it blends so well onto the White Card Super Smooth 300gsm.
I hope you give this technique a go and have fun!