Do you have those battery operated tea lights? Well how about creating a screen for them to shine through?
This would also make a fabulous gift as it folds completely flat for posting.
You will need:
- black heavyweight card
- holographic card
You will also need:
- a window die - I used Pretty Pink Posh Window Frames
- leaf and star dies - I used Polkadoodles Super Sprigs & Fantasy Sky of Stars
- battery operated tealights
- Cut a rectangle from the black card 10" x 3.75"
- Score at 0.5", 2.5", 7.5" & 9.5"
- Cut a rectangle from the holographic card 5" x 3.75" (it's black in the picture, but should be holographic)
4. Cut a window from the centre of the black card. I used a die, but you could hand cut a window instead.
5. Die cut the twigs and stars.
6. Add a small twig and star cluster to the window.
7. Cut a rectangle form the vellum 4.75" x 3.5"
8. Adhere the vellum to the back of the window
9. Adhere the rest of the twigs and stars to the vellum. Try to keep all the tape or glue just to the edges so that it doesn't show through onto the vellum.
10. Adhere the holographic panel to the black card to complete the screen.
11. Add some battery operated tea lights.
How cool is that! But remember you can't use ordinary tea lights with this screen, it has to be battery operated tea lights!
If you create a screen like mine please share it on social media using #papermilldirect
Thanks for looking today. Stay safe and keep crafting!