Maroon Christmas Slimline Card0
Slimline cards seem to be all the rage at the moment and I've created a really cute Christmas card in shades of maroon to share with you today.
Do you ever wish you had the perfect matching patterned paper? Well I'm also sharing a way that this can be resolved.
You will need:
- Maroon card
- Super smooth white card
You will also need:
- Dies - I used Time For Tea Designs slimline scallops cover plate; Spellbinders classic scalloped circles; Lawn Fawn scripty hugs
- Stamps - I used Polkadoodles Waddy and Wanda penguins; Uniko background builders classic & squared
- Ink pads in toning colours - I used Stampin Up, rich razzleberry, berry burst & fresh fig
Create your own hand stamped plaid paper:
- Cut a piece of smooth white card 7" x 2.5"
- Using straight line stamps and three toning colours of ink pads create a plaid pattern by stamping diagonally across the card in one direction. Repeat in the other direction.
I used the lines on my craft mat to space the lines fairly evenly.
Assembling the card:
- Cut a card base from maroon card, 8.25" x 3.75"
- Die cut a scalloped mat from smooth white card
- Cut a mat from maroon card, 7.25" x 2.75"
- Adhere the cards together, finishing with the hand stamped pliaid layer
Finishing the card:
- Stamp, colour and cut out the images
- Did cut a scalloped circle from maroon card and a smaller one from smooth white card
- Die cut part of the sentiment from maroon card and stamp the other part onto smooth white card
- Adhere all these elements to the card front.
I hope you have enjoyed my card share today and will be inspired to create something similar or maybe just create your own plaid paper. Remember to share you creations on social media using #papermilldirect.
Stay safe and keep crafting!