Hope Your Birthday is a Blast0
Posted on 7th March 2020 by Alison Pendlebury-Brown
- Dark Violet Plain Card 240gsm
- Charcoal Sparkle Print Card 300gsm
- Anita’s PVA Tacky Glue 120ml
- Stick it! 3D Foam Tape 9mm
You will also need:
- Astronaut/space stamps or dies
- Coloured markers or pencils
- Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks in Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot and Wilted Violet
- VersaMark ink
- White embossing powder
- Circle dies or circle cutter
- Sparkly embellishments
- I started creating this card by making an A6 card base in the gorgeous Dark Violet Plain card 240gsm. I cut a 7.5cm hole in the front of the card base using circle dies.
- I then created a frame for the front of the card using a 9.5cm circle die and the 7.5cm circle die from the awesome Charcoal Sparkle Print card 300gsm.
- For the inside I created a mat with the charcoal sparkle card.
- I then cut a further mat space effect that I created using Ranger / Tim Holtz distress oxide inks in Chipped Sapphire, Wilted Violet and Black Soot.
- I also splattered the background with water and then with white and black acrylic paints watered down with a little water to create the space effect. I left this to dry.
- I left the background to dry while I stamped several cute little astronaut and planet images from a stamp set and coloured them in with Copic markers and fussy cut them out.
- I created the "hope your birthday is a blast' sentiment strip stamped onto the dark violet card stock, mounted onto the charcoal sparkle print card.
- On the space background I stamped the sentiment 'love you to the moon and back' in Versamark ink and opaque white embossing powder.
- I then assembled the card layering the charcoat sparkle card and the space background to the inside using wet glue.
- On the outside of the card I glued the charcoal frame to the aperture.
- I added the sentiment, and some of the coloured in images with foam tape to give it a little dimension.
- So that I could position the super cute astronaut to be seen through the aperture I mounted him with foam tape and added him with the card closed.
- For a little sparkle (who can resist a little sparkle) I added some Cosmic Shimmer Silver Star glitter jewels to the front of the card and inside on the space background.
- I added a little Wink of Stella to the planet on the front of the card and to the shooting star on the inside.
Here is the completed card. I hope you like it and that it will provide you with some inspiration to create your own.
Why not create your own and share on Instagram and tag us with the hashtag #papermilldirect
I hope you have a BLAST :)