Chinese New Year Tag0
Hi, Sylvia here with my weekly craft offering, an oriental themed tag to celebrate the Chinese New Year, the year of the dog.
My tag was cut from white linen card, coloured with rich red distress inks, stamped with Chinese lanterns in gold ink then some heat embossed with gold powder. A full moon and images from a travel stamp featuring sights of China were stamped in black ink before matting the tag onto a slightly larger black tag. The tag was finished with a greeting and Chinese coin and a tassel.
- papermillldirect white linen, smooth black and post box red card
- Sizzix Tim Holtz tag and bookplates die
- distress inks, festive berries, barn door and fired brick
- stamps - LOTV Chinese lanterns. Non Sequitar oriental love letters stamp set, Papermania around the world stamps
- black Archival ink and gold embossing powder
- Chinese coin and tassel
The fortune cookies in the main photograph were fun things to make, they were made from white linen card printed with lanterns, symbols and wordings relating to the Chinese New Year.