How To Make A Baby Box Card Box0
Hi all! It's Sandie here and today I am sharing a baby boy card and box I made recently for a friend. The box is a standard base and lid type box and I decorated the top and sides to coordinate with the card.
To make the box you just need 2 squares of white card plain 250gsm. The size will depend on the size of your card.
- If your card is 5" (130mm) you will need 8.25" square for the base and 8 5/16" for the lid.
- Score both pieces of card at 0.75" and 1.5" on all four sides. Cut away the outer 3 sections on each corner leaving one section from which to make a tab, as shown below. I like to taper the edges of the tabs and outer flaps for a neater fit.
- Apply double sided tape to the outside of the tabs and the inside of the outer flaps.
- Remove the tape backing from the tabs and adhere to the inside of the box as shown. Remove the tape backing from the flaps and fold inwards, covering the tabs.
- Repeat the steps for the box lid.
- Decorate the lid as desired