April calender Page - Easter0
First, I cut the ears from 'Nude Sirio 290gsm' using oval nesting dies. I cut the inner of the ears from 'Woodstock Cipria 285gsm' in the same way.
I wasn't happy with the shape, however. The ears were too bulbous for the look I was going for. So, I went in with some scissors and narrowed them down. I wasn't entirely satisfied with their outcome. The cut lines weren't smooth and they weren't of equal size but sometimes, that's what crafting is about, right?!
Once I was (fairly) happy, I stuck the inner of the ears down using wet adhesive.
I then started cutting all the floral components using a mix of 'Baby Pink 240gsm' and 'Raspberry Pink 240gsm'. I threw a scrap of pink glitter card in there too! The Foliage was simply some 'White Super Smooth 250gsm' card.
TOP TIP: This style of design is great for using up all your scraps!
Before sticking everything down, I applied some ink in the background using some Kitsch Flamingo Distress Oxide.
Finally, I went ahead and adhered everything to the calender page using wet adhesive.
TOP TIP: when you have many components to place, it's a great idea to lay everything out as you want it BEFORE sticking anything down. Take a photo of the composition to refer back to before sticking!
Done! (I cannot believe I'll be doing Mays calendar page Next! 😯)
I'd love to see what you've done with your calenders.
Until next time, take care.