Longline Spring Card0
Posted on 4th May 2020 by Vicki Poulton
Good morning Vic here today.
I wanted to make a spring card and decided to turn the card into a long card so that I could fit more images onto the card.
- Sorbet Yellow Cumbria Colour Card 270gsm
- White Card Super Smooth 250gsm
- Black Plain Card 240gsm
- Anita’s PVA Tacky Glue 60ml
- Stick it! 3D Foam Tape 18mm
You will also need:
- A range of inks for your background I used Distress inks but you can use pigment inks.
- Spring themed stamps (Hello Bluebird) and (Sunny Studio Stamps)
- Copic Markers
- Sentiment Stamp (Waffle Flower Crafts)
- White Embossing Powder
- Cloud Stencil
- Cloud Die
- To make the card base I used a piece of Sorbet Yellow Cumbria Colour Card 270gsm and scored this in half lengthways. I then trimmed the edges off the card so that the card measured 8 inches. Next I used a piece of White Card Super Smooth 250gsm and trimmed this so that it was a little bit small than the card base.
- Using the White Card Super Smooth 250gsm that is just trimmed start by making your sky. To do this I used a cloud stencil and added my inks. Once the background is all complete I added a couple of splatters of purple ink to the sky.
- Next I stamped all my images onto another piece of White Card Super Smooth 250gsm and coloured them in with my markers. If you don't have markers feel free to use your paint or pencils. I then trimmed all the images out and adhered them onto my card.
- I then adhered this piece to my card base.
- Using a piece of Black Plain Card 240gsm I stamped the sentiment and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I adhered this to my card using Stick it! 3D Foam Tape 18mm.
- To finish the card off I added some sequins and adhered them with some Anita’s PVA Tacky Glue 60ml.