Posted on 5th August 2020 by Linzi Caie
Filed under Card Making Ideas, All Papercraft Tutorials, Projects And Cards By Type, Happy Birthday Card Ideas, Cards For Men, Papercraft Disciplines And Techniques, Watercolouring, Design Team
Hi all! I'm back with a sweet succulent themed birthday card.
I decided to use two bold colours to make this card; purple and green - two colours I wouldn't normally pair together, but they do work so well on this card!
- White Card Super Smooth 250gsm
- Intensive Green Plain Card 160gsm
- Intensive Lilac Plain Card 160gsm
- Stick it! 3D Foam Tape 9mm
- Anitas PVA Tacky Glue
You will also need:
- Plain white C6 size card base
- Stitched banner die
- Wonkly Stitched Circle die
- Woodware "Succulents" stamp set
- Versafine Onyx Blank ink
- Watercolour card (I used hot pressed card for a smoother finish)
- Watercolour paints
- Green and purple sequins
- As usual, for this card I started with a card base (standard C6 size) made out of plain white card.
- To start with I cut a strip of Intensive Lilac card and glued it to the card base slightly off centre. I then cut a thinner strip of the Intensive Green card and adhered it to the card base to the left of the purple panel. Using the wonky stitched circle dies, I die cut a circle from White Super Smooth card and glued that on top of the purple and green strips near the top of the card.
- I then stamped three of my favourite cacti images from the Woodware "Succulents" stamp set. I stamped them onto watercolour card using the Versafine Onyx Black Ink (which is watercolour safe!).
- Using some basic watercolours I painted them using different tones of greens and purples to match the strips of card previously cut. Once the painted images were dry, I fussy cut them out and glued them to the circle I adhered earlier. I decided to use some double sided foam to attach the middle cactus - this makes it pop up and stand out just a little bit more.
- For the sentiment I decided to print off a punny sentiment. I went with "Hope your birthday is on point!". I picked a fun font and made it a similar purple colour to the rest of the card and printed it out onto Intensive Lilac card. Once the sentiment was printed, I die cut it out using a stitched banner die and using more double sided foam I adhered it to the bottom of my card.
- The final step was adding some sequins for some sparkle!
I hope you enjoyed this prickly birthday card!