SIMPLE RED & WHITE CHRISTMAS CARD0
Posted on 9th December 2020 by Linzi Caie
Filed under Card Making Ideas, All Papercraft Tutorials, Seasonal Crafts, Christmas Craft Ideas, Papercraft Disciplines And Techniques, Die Cutting Techniques, Design Team
I decided to make this super simple red and white Christmas card; it's super easy to create and would be perfect for bulk production if you need a lot of them!
- White Card Super Smooth 250gsm (for the card base; cut to 11" x 4.25" and folded at 5.5")
- Red Non-Shedding Glitter Card 285gsm
- White Card Hammered 255gsm
- Anitas PVA Tacky Glue
You will also need:
- Simon Says Stamp - Inside Christmas Greetings stamp set
- Stitched circle dies
- Hobbycraft Snowflake embossing plate
- Wow! Embossing powder in Gold
- Versamark ink
- Gold glitter dot stickers/gems
- For this card I started by taking a piece of the White Card Super Smooth card and cut and folded it to the above size to create my card base.
- I then cut a strip of Red Non-Shedding Glitter card to 5.5" x 3" and adhered it to my card base. I then cut a strip of White Hammered card to 5.5" x 2.75" and dry embossed it with the Hobbycraft Snowflake embossing folder. Once the snowflakes are dry embossed onto the white card, I glued it on top of the red glitter card, making sure a small part of the glitter paper is showing either side.
- I then decided to die cut two circles; one from the red glitter paper, and a slightly smaller one from the white hammered card. I adhered the red glitter circle onto the card base, overlapping the dry embossed panel.
- On the white hammered card circle I decided to heat emboss the sentiment I chose from the Simon Says Stamp "Inside Christmas Greetings" stamp set using Wow! Embossing Powder's gold embossing powder. I then glued the white hammered card circle on top of the red glitter circle, again ensuring a rim of the red glitter circle is visible.
- The final step was adding some gold glitter dot stickers (or gems would be great too!) for some sparkle!
I hope you enjoyed this simplevcard!