SIMPLE BABY BOY CARD0
Posted on 26th January 2020 by Linzi Caie
Filed under Card Making Ideas, All Papercraft Tutorials, Projects And Cards By Type, Celebration Cards, Handmade New Baby Cards And Gifts, Design Team, Baby Boy
Hi! Linzi here again to share a super simple baby boy card!
A friend of mine recently had a baby boy, so it was time to get my crafty hands going and make a baby card! I love to keep baby cards simple and full of soft colours.
This is also the first time I'll be sharing a card I made using a card sketch. Card sketches are super helpful when you don't quite know how to layout your card.
In this post I'll be showing you how to follow the sketch and make a simple baby card with minimal supplies!
You will need:
You will also need:
- White card base (cut to 11" x 4.25" and folded at 5")
- "Little You" baby boy themed 6" x 6" paper pad by Crate You
- Assorted sizes of iridescent pearls
- Sweet Sunday card sketch #244
- For this card I started with a plain while card base (cut and folded as above) which I already had in my stash.
- I followed the Sweet Sunday card sketch #244 (which I have linked in case you fancy trying it!) and using some Anita's PVA Tacky Glue, adhered some of the Marine Blue card into the upper left corner of the card. I used this to layer with a patterned paper from the "Little You" baby boy paper pad by Crate You.
- Using the Marine Blue card stock again, I cut a quarter inch wide by 3 inch long strip. I then cut a flag end to one end and adhered this centrally to the card.
- The paper pad has a sheet made up with lots of sweet little pictures; I chose my favourite one and again layered it with some Marine Blue card stock and attached it to the card. (I made sure to cover the other end of the strip of Marine Blue card I , so the end disappears behind the image.)
- To finish off the card, I added a three pearls (in two different sizes).
I hoped you enjoyed and helps to inspire you when crafting a baby card in the future!