MONOCHROME BIRTHDAY CARD0
Posted on 3rd March 2020 by Linzi Caie
Filed under Card Making Ideas, All Papercraft Tutorials, Projects And Cards By Type, Happy Birthday Card Ideas, Papercraft Disciplines And Techniques, Die Cutting Techniques, Design Team
Hi! Linzi here again to share a simple monochrome birthday card.
I find it difficult incorporating loads of colours into cards, so using different tones of one colour is one way to tackle this difficulty. Keep reading if you want to see how I made this card!
You will need:
- White Card Hammered 255gsm
- Violet Plain Card 290gsm
- New Lilac Smooth Card 240gsm
- Tea Rose Double Sided Pearlised Card 300gsm
- Anitas PVA Tacky Glue
You will also need:
- Plain white card (for the card base; cut to 11" x 4.25" and folded at 5")
- Wonky stitched circle dies
- Dovecraft "Happy Birthday" die
- Purple striped patterned paper
- Corner punch
- Assorted sizes of purple gems
- Sweet Sunday card sketch #235
- For this card I started with a card base (cut and folded as above) made out of plain white card. I rounded the bottom corners of the card base to make the card seem less harsh.
- I followed the Sweet Sunday card sketch #235 (which I have linked in case you fancy it!) and using some Anita's PVA Tacky Glue, adhered a 4" x 5.25" panel of the Violet card to the card base, again rounding the bottom corners. I then cut a strip of Tea Rose card (which has the most beautiful metallic sheen to it!) to 2.25" x 3" and cut a flag end to one end of the strip. I adhered this to the right hand side of the card, roughly half way down.
- I then cut the patterned paper to 3.25" x 2" and layered it on some New Lilac card (which was cut to 3.75" x 2.25"). I then adhered that roughly half way down my card.
- Using the Tea Rose card stock again, I die cut out a stitched circle, along with a slightly larger one from White Hammered card. I glued these on top of each other for some added interest and then adhered them to my card, slightly off centre.
- For the sentiment, I die cut out Dovecraft's "Happy Birthday" from some Violet card and glued it onto to the white die cut circle.
- To finish off the card, I added a three purple gems dots (in three different sizes).
I hope this help show you how to use one colour to make a simple, but effective card!