FLORAL VALENTINES CARD0
Hi! Linzi here again to share this clean and simple Valentines inspired card.
I used another card sketch for this card; I find them so useful when I'm lacking inspiration! See how I used lots of soft pinks and mint greens combined with cherry red card stock to create this sweet card!
You will need:
- White Card Hammered 255gsm (for the card base; cut to 11" x 4.25" and folded at 5")
- Nude Sirio Colour Card 290gsm
- Cherry Red Pearlised Card 300gsm
- Anitas PVA Tacky Glue
You will also need:
- Floral themed patterned paper
- Wonky stitched circle die
- Cut & Make "Love" word die
- Assorted sizes and colours of enamel dots/sequins
- MFT card sketch #453
- For this card I started with a card base (cut and folded as above) made out of the white hammered card stock.
- I followed the MFT card sketch #453 (which I have linked in case you fancy it!) and using some Anita's PVA Tacky Glue, adhered a panel of the Sirio Nude card to the centre of the card, then glued a slightly smaller sheet of floral patterned paper onto it, leaving a thin border either side.
- Using the Sirio Nude card stock again, I die cut a wonky stitched circle and placed it aside for a second. I then cut a 1cm strip of Cherry Red Pearlised card stock and cut a flag end to one end and glued it behind the die cut circle. I then adhered the circle (with the flag end strip behind it) to the patterned paper, following the sketch as closely as possible.
- Using the Cherry Red Pearlised card stock again, I die cut out the word "love" using Cut & Make's "Love" die. I then glued this die cut word on top of the wonky stitched circle.
- To finish off the card, I added a three enamel dots (in two different sizes and colours).
I hope you enjoyed this simple, but sweet Valentines card!