BOLD FLORAL CARD0
Hi! Linzi here again to share this bold floral card.
Yellow is a colour I don't often reach for when crafting, so I decided to try something different and create this yellow, gold and black card which is perfect for any occasion!
- Daffodil Plain Card 290gsm
- One Sided Gold Sandgrain Card 305gsm
- Black Plain Card 240gsm
- Anitas PVA Tacky Glue
You will also need:
- Plain white card (for the card base; cut to 11" x 4.25" and folded at 5")
- A strip of white card (for the sentiment)
- Papermania Gold embossing powder
- Versamark ink
- Tsukineko Momento Tuxedo Black ink
- Hero Arts x Gina K "Friendship Blooms" stamps
- Avery Elle "Petal Panel" stamps
- Yellow and black gems
- As usual, for this card I started with a card base (cut and folded as above) made out of plain white card.
- Using the main floral stamp from the Hero Arts x Gina K "Friendship Blooms" stamps set I heat embossed this onto a strip of Daffodil card stock using the Versamark Ink and Papermania Gold embossing powder.
- I adhered the embossed strip of Daffodil paper onto a slightly larger strip of Black card, giving a border either side of the main yellow panel. I then repeated this step, but using the Gold Sandgrain card and only overlapping on the left side of the panel.
- I stuck the layered and embossed strip to the right of my card base, leaving a small area of the card base showing.
- For a sentiment I stamped the "Just A Note" sentiment from the Avery Elle "Petal Panel" stamp set using the Tsukineko Momento Tuxedo Black ink and stamped it onto a strip of white card stock. I then layered this with the Black card (similarly to above) and glued this onto the front of my card letting it go over the main embossed panel. I think this helps to break up the busyness of the yellow panel!
- The final step was adding some yellow and black gems for some extra dimension and sparkle!
I hoped you enjoyed this and it helped to create with colours outside of your comfort zone!