AUTUMNAL THANK YOU CARD0
Hi! Linzi here to share a fun fall themed thank you card.
With the cooler nights drawing in, I find myself more drawn towards rich, warm, autumnal colours so I decided to make this sweet, cosy thank you card, which would also be a great Thanksgiving card!
You will need:
You will also need:
- Vellum paper
- White card base
- Wow! Metallic Gold Rich Pale embossing powder
- Versamark Ink
- Avery Elle “Many Thanks” stamp set
- M&C Boutique Foliage dies
- Gold paint
- Maroon paint
- Assorted gold & red flat sequins
- I started with a plain while card base (A6 size) which I already had in my stash. I then trimmed the Kraft card stock down to 14.1 x 9.8cm and placed to the side for later. Next I trimmed the White Hammered card stock down to 13.6 x 9.3cm and used the gold and maroon paint to add “splatter” to the white card stock, then set this aside to dry.
- Whilst the paint was drying, I used the M&C Boutique Foliage dies and cut various pieces of foliage from the Ruby Red card stock, Maroon card stock and Dark Green card stock. Again, I set these aside and got on with the sentiment part of the card!
- I trimmed a flag tag shaped strip of vellum and used a stamp from Avery Elle’s “Many Thanks” stamp set with Versamark Ink and Wow! Metallic Gold Rich Pale embossing powder and heat embossed the sentiment onto the vellum.
- Now the paint splattered panel is dry, it’s time to assemble the card! Firstly I adhered the while panel to the Kraft card panel and then applied both to the card base. I glued the vellum down (top tip: I applied glue only to behind the embossed parts of the vellum, thus hiding the adhesive!) and placed the die cut pieces of card above and behind the vellum; once I was happy with the arrangement of these, I glued them down.
- The final step was adding several sorted sized and coloured sequins to the card for some added bling!
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, and I’ll be back soon!