Summer Fun Birthday Card1
Summer time evokes the idea of fun, colours, fresh fruit, flowers and all the good things. This fun card screams summer on a card to me! For it I used:
- Papermilldirect A6 Teal Card Blank
- Papermilldirect Jade Plain Card
- Papermilldirect Celestial Blue Card
- Papermilldirect Deep Blue Card
- Papermilldirect Sky Blue Card
- Papermilldirect Pastel Ivory Card
- Papermilldirect Mandarin Orange Card
- Papermilldirect Daffodil Yellow Card
- Printable Cuttable Creatables Pineapple Cut File
- Distress ink and stamps
- Silhouette cutting machine
I started off by using all my colours to create my pineapple file. This would normally be small, but I sized it right up and cut it big! I made it almost the full size of the front of my card.
I then used Peacock Feathers distress ink to stamp a pineapple Happy Birthday stamp on the card base. I chose this colour as it is close to the card colour so it gives a tone on tone effect when stamped.
I then stuck my giant pineapple on top with foam tape for lots more dimension.
I then embellished with some enamel dots, and added a label style birthday sentiment and it was done.
Fun, summery and sweet, all the things you want in a birthday card!