Fancy Border Card0
Posted on 7th October 2021 by Louise Thompson
Today I want to show you a really simple card that's a great way to use up your card leftovers.
You will need:-
- Navy Plain Card 240gsm
- Maroon Plain Card 240gsm
- Gold Mirror Card 270gsm
- Value White Card 300gsm
- Border Edge Die or Border Punch
- Take the white card and cut it down to 5 3/4" x 11 1/2"
- Score it in half at 5 3/4" to make a 5 3/4" x 5 3/4" card blank.
- Cut the Navy, Gold and Maroon card into 6" x 2 1/2" pieces - you'll need about 8 pieces of different coloured card stock (I used 3 pieces of navy, 3 pieces of maroon and 2 pieces of gold).
- Border punch the long edge of each piece of card (or use an edge die).
- Using the same Border punch (or edge die), punch the edge of the card blank about 1" in.
- Starting with the Navy piece, stick it on top of the edge of the front of the card - so it completely covers and matches up the card edge.
- Next start sticking the gold and then the maroon pieces down in order - with a small gap between each edge.
- Stick a maroon piece onto the inside of the card - so that when the recipient opens the card, they see the border facing into the card inside.
- Add a sentiment, and your card is complete.