Christmas Cracker Gift Box0
Posted on 23rd December 2019 by Louise Thompson
Today I'd like to show you how I made this Christmas Cracker Gift Box. It's a great little box - which is a slight twist on the usual Christmas Cracker. It stands upright - meaning more space on the Christmas table! And it can be used over and over again - as it is fastened with a bow - making it a much more environment-friendly option than most crackers.
You will need:-
- Christmas Red Plain Card 240gsm 12"x12"
- Christmas Patterned Paper - 6" x 6" (152 x 152mm) - 24 Sheets
- Super Mirror Finish Card- Gold
You will also need:-
- Pom Pom ribbon
To make the Cracker gift box:-
1) Cut your 12"x12" red card down to 10" x 10 1/2"
2) Score along the dotted lines and cut along the solid lines as shown below:-
3) Fold along all the scorelines - making sure to do valley folds where required, and mountain folds where required.
4) Gently coax the diagonal mountain folds into place.
5) Stick double sided tape along the outside of the tabs, and then stick the Cracker box together along the sides.
6) Cut out 4 pieces of Super Mirror Finish Card- Gold to 2 1/4" x 2 3/4" and stick them on the four sides of the main body of the cracker.
7) Choose a piece of Christmas Patterned Paper - 6" x 6" (152 x 152mm) - 24 Sheets and cut a sheet up into 4 pieces measuring 2" x 2 1/2" and stick them onto the gold panels - so that there is a border around the outside.
8) Apply double sided tape to the edge of 3 of the bottom flaps. Then fold down the one that doesn't have any tape on it, and fold and stick the flap on the opposite side that does have tape on it on top.
9) Then stick the other 2 flaps down.
10) Fill your Cracker box with whatever you'd like to put in it.
11) Cut a piece of ribbon to approximately 18" long, and tie it around the neck of the cracker box.
12) Stick some thin double sided tape around the top of the cracker box and stick the pom pom trim onto it.
Your cracker box is completed!
Here is a video tutorial on how to make this gift box:- Christmas Cracker Gift Box Tutorial