Christmas Cracker Gift Box Tutorials0
Step By Step Tutorials for Two Christmas Cracker Gift Box Ideas
Today I'd like to show you how I made two different Christmas Cracker Gift Boxes. Both are great little boxes - one which is a slight twist on the usual Christmas Cracker and one with a traditional design.
Christmas Cracker Gif Box - A Slight Twist on Tradition
You will need:-
- Christmas Red Plain Card 240gsm 12"x12"
- Christmas Patterned Paper - 6" x 6" (152 x 152mm) - 24 Sheets
- Pearlised Card - Gold
You will also need:-
- Pom Pom ribbon
To make the Cracker gift box:-
1) Cut your 12"x12" red card down to 10" x 10 1/2"
2) Score along the dotted lines and cut along the solid lines as shown below:-
3) Fold along all the scorelines - making sure to do valley folds where required, and mountain folds where required.
4) Gently coax the diagonal mountain folds into place.
5) Stick double sided tape along the outside of the tabs, and then stick the Cracker box together along the sides.
6) Cut out 4 pieces of Super Mirror Finish Card- Gold to 2 1/4" x 2 3/4" and stick them on the four sides of the main body of the cracker.
7) Choose a piece of Christmas Patterned Paper - 6" x 6" (152 x 152mm) - 24 Sheets and cut a sheet up into 4 pieces measuring 2" x 2 1/2" and stick them onto the gold panels - so that there is a border around the outside.
8) Apply double sided tape to the edge of 3 of the bottom flaps. Then fold down the one that doesn't have any tape on it, and fold and stick the flap on the opposite side that does have tape on it on top.
9) Then stick the other 2 flaps down.
10) Fill your Cracker box with whatever you'd like to put in it.
11) Cut a piece of ribbon to approximately 18" long, and tie it around the neck of the cracker box.
12) Stick some thin double sided tape around the top of the cracker box and stick the pom pom trim onto it.
Your cracker box is completed!
Here is a video tutorial on how to make this gift box:- Christmas Cracker Gift Box Tutorial
Christmas Cracker Gift Box - Traditional DIY Design
You will need:
You will also need:
- craft knife
For one box you will need one A4 sheet of paper. I used Red Fever Sirio Pearl Double Sided Card 300gsm, but you can use what colour you like.
First you need to measure and trim your paper to 7" x 11".
Score on the short side at every 1" so you'll create 7 sections of 1" each. Then rotate your paper and score at 2", 2 3/4" and 3 1/2" on each end.
Fold and burnish all the sections of the box.
Accordion-fold the ends of the box.
Before assembling the box you need to cut away a few diamond shapes which will help you gather the ends of the box. In order to do so I measured and marked with a pencil 1/4" on each side of the vertical folds, then using the craft knife I cut the diamond shapes using the marks as a guide.
All the folds you made until now will help the paper curl creating the Christmas Cracker box shape. To close the box you need to overlap the first and the last sections and you can either leave it like this so it can be used again and again or you can add a bit of double-sided tape to keep the ends in place after you add the little gifts or treats inside. Take a bit of ribbon and tie a bow on each end.
Embellish the box to finish.