Are You Getting Involved in National Stationery Week?0
Posted on 23rd April 2018 by Emily
Filed under Papermill Direct News
Are you looking forward to National Stationery Week? This weeklong event is running from Monday 23rd April to Sunday 29th April, and there are lots of things you can do to get involved! This fantastic week is perfect for releasing all your creativity, giving you the opportunity to create a whole host of hand written products.
You can dedicate the time to put pen to paper and use the power of words for anything you wish. This could be anything from writing thank you notes, creating a short journal, or crafting a letter to a loved one or friend.
There are so many fantastic ways to celebrate National Stationery Week. If you’re looking for inspiration to get involved, we at Papermilldirect have provided some fun ideas and tips to help you.
What is National Stationery Week?
For those looking to get involved in National Stationery Week for the first time, you’re probably not too familiar with the concept. The week is all about appreciating the art of writing by hand, encouraging individuals from all around the world to share their passion for handwriting.
Technology has changed the way we live our day to day lives, and as a result, writing by hand has become more of a rarity, with many opting to use a keyboard or their mobile device instead. National Stationery Week attempts to bring back the simplicity of writing by hand.
Don’t forget to join in with the seven daily themes for National Stationery Week 2018, these are:
- Monday 23rd April: #makeanote (managed by Nuco)
- Tuesday 24th April: #penandpencil (managed by Staedtler)
- Wednesday 25th April: #stationerytheworldover (managed by London Stationery Show)
- Thursday 26th April: #workhappy (managed by Mustard)
- Friday 27th April: #aplaceforeverything (managed by Santoro)
- Saturday 28th April: #getstuckintocrafting (managed by Crafter’s Companion)
- Sunday 29th April: #signaturesunday (managed by AT Cross)
Get Creative with Your Crafts
What handwritten crafts do you want to make? Your options are endless. If you’re thinking of writing handwritten notes to friends or family, our crafts supplies are ideal for you. Our range of artistic pencils can help you create a colourful, fun and eye-catching design.
If you’re looking to go that step further and add some extra features to your handwritten cards or letters, our range of adhesives can help. If you’re writing a letter, stick one of your favourite pictures in there to add a further personal touch.
Our card blanks provide the perfect base to build your creative handwritten design for this unique week, available in various sizes and colours.
How You Can Be More Imaginative?
One of the hardest things about writing is getting started. You can find yourself staring at a blank piece of paper, tapping your pen, waiting for the creative side of you to emerge. Luckily, there are ways to help get your imaginative writing out. Here are some of our tips:
- Change your scenery – the simple concept of changing your environment can help you adapt a different creative frame. A coffee shop is a great example.
- Write what you know –your writing will feel more honest when you’re writing about a subject you know. This could be anything you’re passionate about, such as films, fashion, music, or inspiration from your own life.
- Let your writing speak for itself – overthinking can pause your writing and you can spend longer planning your words than writing them down. It doesn’t matter if your writing isn’t perfect, as long as you’re getting them down. Have we inspired you to get involved in National Stationery Week? Our craft supplies are the perfect material to help with your next handwriting venture. If you would like to find out more about our products and services, get in touch with a friendly member of our team today by calling 01539 735252 and we will be happy to help.