10 Paper Facts For Your Next Cocktail Party0
Posted on 1st September 2018 by Emily
Filed under Papermill Direct News
1. Paper production is not a major cause of deforestation, but actually saves forests.
2. For every tree logged in managed forests, 3-4 are replanted.
3. Forest certification promotes wood from managed forests.
4. The annual increase of forest cover in Europe is equivalent to more than 1.5 million football pitches.
5. Over 80% of young people cannot live without paper because they think it is useful.
6. Reading a newspaper can consume 20% less carbon than viewing news online.
7. Paper fibres can be recycled up to six times.
8. Paper is truly sustainable, with waste fully recoverable ready for recycling into new paper.
9. Over 80% of corrugated packaging is collected and recycled.
10. Over half of the energy used in Europe paper mills is carbon neutral.