How To Make A Happy Valentine’s Day Frog Card1
Jennifer Squire has done a guest blog for you all on how to make a Valentine's Day Frog.
Card used for the Frog:
- Papermilldirect Pastel Ivory Plain Card 160gsm
- Papermilldirect Apple Green Card Plain 240gsm
- Papermilldirect Post Box Red Smooth Card 240gsm
- Papermilldirect A4 Bright Yellow Card 300gsm
- Bright Blue Card
Card used for the Background:
- Papermilldirect Pastel Pink Plain Card 160gsm
- Papermilldirect Spring Green Plain Card 240gsm
- Papermilldirect Dark Green Plain Card 240gsm
- Papermilldirect Mocha Brown Plain Card 240gsm
- Papermilldirect Buff Smooth Card 260gsm
First of all sketch out your frog or you can print off a frog image.
When you have your design you trace around on tracing paper all the individual components. Then you transfer the individual components to your coloured card.
You then cut out the base of your frog on your preferred coloured card using a scalpel. I used Papermilldirects Pastel Ivory Plain Card 160gsm for the base of the frog. You repeat this process with all of the pieces changing the coloured card when desired
Then it comes to assembly. Build up your frog with the base first, then the green and the blue cut out strip.
I traced around the blue first onto yellow card and free hand cut out the spikes before sticking it down.
When doing the eyes I used a compass to do my big and small circles. The big one was 12mm and the small one was 10mm.
Once all the pieces are stuck on you can add the features of the frog with a very fine black pen. I used 00 fine liner. Make sure all gaps are cut out as shown in your design.
Then you have your finished frog. Add it to the background of your choice
Happy Frog love to you all on Valentine’s day.