Craft Yourself an Egg-Tastic Easter0
The many festivities celebrated around the year are an exciting time for lots of people , and with Easter around the corner, it got the team here at Papermilldirect thinking about all the fun designs you can create for the upcoming holiday .
Easter is something that the entire family can enjoy, but when you think of this time of year, what is the first thing that springs to mind? Is it the chocolate eggs, a bunny, or an Easter egg hunt? With the holiday coming up, we have listed some ideas to kick start your creative minds, so you can craft yourself an egg-tastic Easter this year.
Create Your Own Envelope Bunny
A great craft idea this Easter is to create your own bunny using envelopes. We have a huge range of envelopes for you to choose from to complete this fun creation. With a diverse range of colours and sizes, you can create as many as you want!
A bunny envelope is a great way to deliver Easter cards or treats to family and friends. Being fast and easy to make, it’s a great way to decorate this year.
Here’s an 8-step guide to help you create your envelope bunny:
- Choose an envelope with a pointed V-shape as it is this V-shape which creates the bunny’s face. Use a white envelope for a traditional bunny.
- Cut 2 bunny ears out of a sheet of paper that matches your envelope. Then, find a piece of cardstock or construction paper which matches the colour of your envelope. Draw two bunny ears, then cut them out. (Bunny ears are shaped like long, skinny leaves.)
- Draw two smaller bunny ears on pink paper, then cut them out. Trace the bunny ears you have just cut out on a sheet of pink paper. Draw smaller bunny ears inside the pink ones, then cut the smaller ears out.
- Add the pink ears on top of the white ears and glue them down. Make sure that the bottom edges of the pink ears touch the bottom edges of the white ears. You can use a glue stick or tacky glue for this, which you can get from our craft supplies.
- Glue the ears behind the envelopes so that the flap of the envelope becomes the face. Turn the ears so that the pink side is facing up and move them 1 to 2 inches apart. Coat the bottom half inch of each ear with glue, then set the envelope on top of the flap facing you.
- Draw two black eyes in the middle of the flap. For cartoon eyes, draw a larger circle around each eye.
- Add a small, pink bunny nose to the bottom of the flap. You can colour the nose with a marker, crayon or coloured pencil.
- Place a note inside the envelope, then seal the envelope shut. You have now created your envelope bunny.
Craft Your Own Handmade Cards
Easter isn’t always about the chocolate. You can craft some creative handmade cards this Easter, with designs of your own personal touch. With a range of colours available, you can create Easter egg and Easter bunny cards you can hand out to your loved ones.
Whatever you want your Easter message to say, convey your words on a handmade card. With our range of fibre tipped pens and artistic pencils, you can get incredibly creative with your designs. Take a look at our previous blog about how you can make an Easter egg shaker card.
Our Easter Offers
At Papermilldirect, over the Easter period, we have two offers running you must take advantage of! Right now you can save 25% off Two Mega Boxes of Offcuts using the code OFFCUTS25! Also, you can get 10% off for Easter on all products using the code EASTER10. This offer will run from 26th March until 2nd April.
Treat yourself and craft these fantastic designs in time for Easter and surprise your loved ones with your creations. If you would like to find out more about our products and services, get in touch with a friendly member of our team today by calling 01539 735252 and we will be happy to help.