Card Making Tips & Tricks
Posted on 23rd November 2018 by Emily
Filed under Card Making Ideas, All Papercraft Tutorials
- Use foam tape, dots and squares to add dimensions to your cards, this will result in a slightly raised image to embellishments.
- Use self-closing tweezers to helps you hold ribbon or string when you are tying them onto your cards.
- When you are stamping an image sometimes small areas are not as inked as others. Use a coloured marked that matches your ink to fill in the blank and lighter areas.
- Do you sometimes use too much glitter when crafting and struggle to remove the extra glitter? Using a lint roller is a great way to remove excess glitter.
- Before cleaning paint brushes, soak them in some hair conditioner. This will make them easier to clean and soften them ready for them to be used again!
- Sometimes less is more, don’t over complicate a design.
- Odd numbers are more pleasing on the eye then even numbers, when using embellishments or images this tip is handy to remember.
- Do you have a pair of Dull Scissors and don't want to buy anymore? Cut up some sandpaper with the scissors and it will sharpen them right up making them usable again.
- Get rid of hot glue gun strands with a hair dryer, blast your craft for a few seconds and the strands will soon disappear. Remember to use the hair dryer on a low setting.
- Add some petroleum jelly around the edges of your glue containers to stop them from gluing shut.
- Store your glue sticks in the freezer to keep the glue from going stringing.
- Use a black marker to add a thin border around die-cut pieces. This will help light coloured pieces to stand out.