Autumnal Aperture Shadow Box Card0
Posted on 19th September 2020 by Louise Thompson
Today I'm going to show you how I made this autumnal aperture shadow box card.
For this card you will need:-
- Orange Glow Sirio Pearl Double Sided Card 300gsm cut to 5 1/2" x 8"
- Mocha Brown Plain Card 240gsm cut to 5 1/2" x 8 1/4"
- Tintoretto Paprika Card 250gsm cut to 3 1/4" x 5 1/4"
- Fleck Kraft Card 250gsm for die cut animals
- Small aperture die for external aperture
- Larger aperture die for intenal aperture
- Die cut shapes to decorate the card with
- Die cut sentiment
- Take the 5 1/2" x 8" Orange Glow Sirio Pearl Double Sided Card 300gsm and score it along the long edge at 4 1/2" to make a card blank with the front slightly wider than the back.
- Take your smaller aperture die and die cut the aperture out of the front of the card blank.
- Score the 5 1/2" x 8 1/4" Mocha Brown Plain Card 240gsm at 3/8", 4 1/8", 4 5/8" along the long edge.
- Die cut the larger aperture out of the panel in between the 3/8" scoreline and the 4 1/8" scoreline.
- Next, stick the 3 1/4" x 5 1/4" Tintoretto Paprika Card 250gsm on the other side of the Mocha brown card - in between the 4 5/8" scoreline and the edge of the card.
- Add your die cuts to the front of the card blank - around the small aperture.
- Take the Mocha brown panel and add strong double sided tape to the top of the 3/8" tab.
- Lie this panel flat and butt the edge of it up against the fold line of the orange card blank. Then close the card blank so that the tab sticks to the inside of the card blank.
- Next, apply strong double sided tape to the back of the mocha brown panel (on the other side of where the Tintoretto paprika card is stuck.
- Fold the mocha brown panel around to form the shadow box, and then (with the mocha brown panel laid flat) close the orange card blank on top of it so that it forms the shadow box inside the card.
- Add your animal die cuts in and around the larger internal aperture.
- Finish off by adding a sentiment.
I hope you will have a go at making this fun card!