We're FELINE Sad You're Leaving Card0
Posted on 28th February 2020 by Alison Pendlebury-Brown
Here I used the gorgeous Sirio cardstock and Tim Holtz's crazy cat stamps for this leaving card. I created this for my sister who's work colleague was leaving and is a crazy cat lady. Carry on reading for how to create this gorgeous card.
You will need:
You will also need:
- Tim Holtz's Crazy Cat Stamps
- Colouring markers or pencils
- Stencil to create pattern for the matt layers
- Sentiment stamps or a computer/printer to create your own
- I started by creating the pop up box card using my standard card base.
- Score A4 Pietra Sirio Colour 290gsm cardstock at 2.75", 5.5", 11" along the long edge.
- Turn and score on the short side at 3" and cut off at 7". The remainder will create the inserts.
- Stencil your preferred pattern onto a sheet of Perla Sirio Colour 290 gsm cardstock.
- From this create 3 mats for the base - 2.5" x 3.75" and mats for the flaps - 2.5" x 2.75".
- Assemble as below images.
- Stamp and colour the Crazy Cats, finish by fussy cutting.
- Print or stamp your sentiment - I printed the text onto the Perla Sirio cardstock, cut out each line and drew a wonky box around each piece.
A very simple but effective 'sorry you're leaving' card. I absolutely loved making it and, as I'm a crazy cat lady myself, I did not want to part with it. My sister loved it too and although she's not a cat person herself she also wanted to keep it.
Anyway, I hope you get some inspiration for a card yourself, whether it's a birthday card or a leaving card. Happy crafting :)