Handmade New Baby Card Idea0
Handmade new baby card idea
Hi everyone Sylvia here with a few new baby cards. I went down the traditional route using blue for a boy and pink for a girl but yellows, greens or lilacs would work just as well.
To make the cards I used:
- papermilldirect white linen,baby pink,pale turquoise, buff card and a pale turquoise card blank
- Pink Petticoat digital image and sentiment (now The Lovely Studio)
- Buddly Crafts Eline's baby with bear and basket digital image
- stamps - sentiments Penny Black and woodware, bear Indigo Blu
- white pigment ink pad
- ribbon and lace from my stash
This baby boy card has one of my favourite sentiments for using on handmade new baby cards, either on the front or on the insert. I added the machine sewing round the image before layering onto the blue card, the ribbon was fastened to a larger white square and the image glued over it, finally it was attached to a papermilldirect card blank.
This cute image is from Pink Petticoat and can be found at The Lovely Studio, where Pink Petticoat images and sentiments are being added to the portfoilio all the time by Liz. If you were a Pink Petticoat fan it's worth a visit.
I love buff and blue together and for this card I used the faux parchment effect with the cute teddy stamped image.
Do you keep a stock of cards to hand or do you make cards as you need them? Let us know and don't forget to show us your recent makes, we love to see what you are making with papermilldirect card and craft supplies from the shop.