Embossed Geometric Birthday Card0
Posted on 29th August 2020 by Louise Thompson
You will need the following card making supplies:-
- Daffodil Yellow Smooth Card 240gsm
- Raspberry Pink Plain Card 240gsm
- Pink Plain Card 290gsm
- White Card Plain 250gsm
- Embossing Folders
- Gems to decorate
- Start by cutting the A4 White Card Plain 250gsm to 5 3/4" wide x 11 1/2" long, and then score it halfway at 5 3/4" to form a card blank.
- Take the Daffodil Yellow Smooth Card 240gsm and cut a 2" x 5" strip.
- Along the top of the strip, mark at 1" and 3".
- Along the bottom, mark at 2" and 4.
- Join these marks up to form 3 triangles. Keep any spare off-cuts as these can be used to fill in your pattern.
- Repeat steps 2 - 5 with the Raspberry Pink Plain Card 240gsm and the Pink Plain Card 290gsm
- Take your embossing folder and emboss all the triangles.
- Using the leftovers of your White Card Plain 250gsm, cut a panel that is 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"/
- Stick your triangles onto this panel, making sure that all the triangles butt up to the edge of the panel.
- Stick the panel onto the front of your card.
- Add some gems and a sentiment to finish off.
I hope you enjoyed making this card - it really is a nice and simple card to make and is a great way to use up those leftover pieces.