Arrow Fold Card Gold and White0
Posted on 10th May 2021 by Louise Thompson
So for this card you only need a few things:-
- White Card Plain 250gsm
- Gold Mirror Card 270gsm
- Embossing folders
- Stick it! Double Sided Tape 6mm
- Stick It! Ultra-clear double-sided tape - 6mm x 5m
- Take two sheets of White Card Plain 250gsm card and cut two pieces that are 6" x 6".
- Score one of these at 3" and fold - to make a 3"x6" tent fold card
- Cut some Gold Mirror Card 270gsm and cut out a piece that's 2 3/4" x 5 3/4".
- Stick onto the front of your tent card.
- Take a piece of White Card Plain 250gsm and cut it down to 2 1/2" x 5 1/2" - emboss it and stick onto the gold mirror panel.
- Take the other piece of 6" x 6" white plain card and mark at 3" on three sides.
- Position the card so that the marks are on the two sides and at the bottom of your card. In pencil, draw a line from the top right hand corner to the bottom centre mark.
- Draw another line from the top left hand corner to the bottom centre mark.
- Draw another line from the right hand 3" mark to the bottom centre line.
- Finally, draw a line from the left hand 3" mark to the bottom centre line,
- Score along these 4 lines, and then fold so that the first two lines are mountain folds, and the last two lines are valley folds.
- Take the Gold Mirror Card 270gsm and cut out a 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" panel.
- Repeat steps 4-7 on the back of this card - but this time your centre marks will be at 2 3/4".
- Cut down these lines on the gold mirror card to form 5 different shaped triangles.
- Take the White Card Plain 250gsm and cut a 5" x 5" panel.
- Repeat steps 4-7 on this panel - but this time your centre marks will be at 2 1/2".
- Run this piece of card through your machine with an embossing folder.
- Now you can cut along the lines you have drawn on the back previously.
- Stick your embossed triangles onto the corresponding Gold Mirror triangles.
- Stick these panels (the main central triangle and the two outer corner triangles onto you main white card base in the corresponding positions. Discard the two skinny triangles.
- Apply Stick It! Ultra-clear double-sided tape - 6mm x 5m to the back of the main card base - to stick the flaps behind the card - so that only the two corner triangles peek out behind the main centre triangle.
- Stick the whole thing onto the front of the tent card base using Stick It! Ultra-clear double-sided tape - 6mm x 5m
- Add a sentiment, and your card is now complete!
You can also use pattern paper instead of embossing plain card. Or you could use some of the fabulous glitter card that Papermill Direct stock.
I hope you enjoyed this card - check out the Papermill Direct Blog for more ideas and inspiration.