THANK MY LUCKY STARS0
Hi all! I'm back with a sweet shaker card!
I love making shaker cards - they're so fun and pretty to look at. Today I will show you how to create this shaker card using the Winter Mixed Card Pack.
You will also need:
- Plain white C6 size card base
- XCut Scalloped Rectangle die
- M&C Boutique Scalloped and Stitched Square die
- Sizzix Square die
- Wonkly Stitched Circle dies
- Clear acetate
- Pretty Pink Posh "Thoughtful Greetings" stamp set
- Simon Says Stamp "Blue Jay" ink
- Versafine ink
- Wow! Embossing Powders in Clear, Silver and White
- Assorted beads and sequins
- Iridescent gems
- As usual, for this card I started with a card base (cut and folded as above) made out of plain white card.
- Using the Quartz White (Orchid) Sparkled Pearlescent card from the pack, I die cut a scalloped rectangle the length of my card base and adhered it roughly along the middle of the card. I then cut a strip of the Acqua Materica card just slightly slimmer than the pearlescent paper. Using the small stars from the Pretty Pink Posh "Thoughtful Greetings" stamp set I stamped and heat embossed these onto the Acqua Materica card using a mix of silver, white and clear embossing powders and adhered this over the pearlescent panel.
- I was itching to use the Acquamirine Nettuno Linen Effect card from the pack, so decided to use this as my shaker window! I die cut a scalloped square and used a smaller square die to create the "window". I adhered a piece of acetate to the back of the die cut scalloped square and cut some foam tape into thin strips and layered these onto the back Acquamirine Nettuno Linen Effect card on top of the acetate. I made sure I layered the foam tape a couple of times to make sure I had enough room for all the sequins and shaker bits I wanted to add. I placed down a mixture of lots of different sequins (of all colours and shapes!) and beads, then placed the shaker window over the top, sealing in all the sequins. The shaker part is done!
- I then decided to work on my sentiment. Firstly, I die cut a wonky stitched circle from the White Card Hammered card from the pack and using the Pretty Pink Posh "Thoughtful Greetings" stamp set again and Simon Says Stamp "Blue Jay" ink I stamped a sweet sentiment onto the circle. I then used some more foam tape to pop it up and make it the same height as the shaker window.
- The final step was adding some iridescent gems for even more sparkle!
I hoped you enjoyed this sweet, starry shaker card!