Going Bird Crazy With Distress Inks And Markers1
Hi Sylvia here with a fun birthday card made using white linen card, distress inks, distress markers and Tim Holtz stamps and dies.
Firstly I made a card blank 15cm x 15cm with papermilldirect white linen cardstock. Using a blending tool I coloured a central area with wild honey distress ink and overstamped it with the same colour using a number background stamp. The sentiments were stamped in black Archival ink. Using different coloured distress markers I highlighted some of the number nines on the background.
The crazy bird and balloon were stamped onto white linen cardstock and coloured with distress markers and a water brush. I started on the outer edge of the bird, colouring a little and pulling the colour towards the center of the bird with the water brush. Different colours were added and blended together until I was happy with the result. The balloon was coloured in the same way.
Both the bird and the balloon were die cut using matching dies and fixed to the card, a string was hand drawn down from the balloon.
- Papermilldirect white linen cardstock
- Stampers Anonymous Perspective stamp set
- Stampers Anonymous Bird Crazy stamps
- Stampers Anonymous Crazy Things stamps
- Sizzix thinlits die set Crazy Things
- Sizzix thinlits die set Bird Crazy
- Oak House Studio sentiments Look Who Is and Numbers
- Distress inks - wild honey
- Distress markers - festive berries, wild honey, crushed olive, shabby shutters and evergreen bough
- Archival black ink
I hope you enjoyed reading how I created my crazy bird birthday card.