Natural Autumn Wreath Card - Great Kids Craft Project!2
Hi Shary here and today I'd like to show you a great Autumnal project. My kids are off for half term next week so this would be a great project to get them involved in and bonus! it's cheap!
Kids Craft Project
- Papermill Cream Hammered Card
- Embossing folder
- Distress Inks
- Lots of leaves and a few berries! (Obviously please omit the berries if you're crafting with a small child).
Firstly go out in the woods for a lovely Autumnal walk with your kids and pick up your leaves and berries. You could also use the little pine cones etc. Anything you fancy.
1. Make a blank 5x5 card from the cream hammered card. I've used the hammered as it has a lovely texture and also it is a good heavy weight to hold the wreath. Emboss with an embossing folder.
2. Cut out a ring with the hammered card. I have used two spellbinder dies but you can use anything circular. As long as it fits on your card!
3. Choose your leaves, ideally a lovely assortment of colours. I went a bit overboard here.
4. Carefully punch out your leaves. I only have one leaf punch but I think it would look lovely using several different leaf punches.
5. Gradually build up your leaves onto the ring. I did darker at the bottom. Also in different directions.
6. When you're happy add your berries, cones etc.
7. Distress the edges of your card with distress inks, add twine and gems. Adhere the wreath with 3D pads. A lovely seasonal card.